Article ID: 120309kae
Last Reviewed: July 6, 2023
The information in this article applies to:
- Pronto for Windows all versions.
This article is aimed at:
- All Users of Pronto for Windows.
Pronto for Windows is the data download and analysis tool for the Ranger, Power Master and Adaptive Store series of data loggers.
This application note details the methods available to export and further utilise the views, tables and reports generated in Pronto for Windows.
Exporting Graphs, Tables and Reports from Pronto
There are a few options depending on what you want to do.
- Click on the graph to select it, then use EDIT – COPY and PASTE the graph into Word or whatever documentation software you prefer.
- Install a PDF printer driver and print the graph (or table) to PDF directly.
For tables and reports:
- Export to Excel (.XLS) or comma separated variables (.CSV) directly from the table/report view by selecting the FILE – EXPORT command.
- Print to PDF if a suitable driver is installed.
Graph / View COPY and PASTE tips
To make sure all your graphs come out the same size.
a) In Pronto, use the shortcut CTRL-F8 one or more times. This shortcut resizes the Pronto application window to one of a selection of exact sizes.
b) In Pronto use the VIEW-MAGNIFICATION command (or right click and MAGNIFICATION) then select (for example) FIT IN WINDOW.
c) In MSWORD, use PASTE-SPECIAL and select ENHANCED METAFILE. This allows you to resize the graph in word without loss of resolution.
Graph / View Print to PDF tips
a) I recommend PDF Creator software, for printing to PDF. This software is free, open source and has worked without issue on all the different platforms we have tried it on. You can PDF Creator from here: http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator
b) In Pronto use the VIEW-MAGNIFICATION and FIT TO WINDOW, so that what you see when editing is pretty much identical to what will be printed
In Pronto use FILE-PRINT PREVIEW before printing.
Table / Report FILE-EXPORT tips
a) If you are intending to import into Excel, make sure there are no more rows than Excel will support. Pronto has no built in restriction on the number of rows in a table or report (other than available memory in the machine).
– If exporting to .XLS the limit is 65536 rows.
– If exporting to .CSV there is no limit other than the available free memory in the machine.
b) Excel 97,2000 and 2003 support up to 65536 rows.
c) Both 64 and 32 bit versions of Excel 2007, 2010 and 2021 allow just over a million ( 1048576 ) rows.
Table / Report print to PDF Tips
See a) under the section on Graph printing to PDF tips.