PM4000 Power Quality Analyser
8 Input Power Quality Recording Analyser with waveform capture
Key Features Include
- Harmonics measured to IEC61000-4-7, Flicker Measured to IEC61000-4-15
- Events captured to the EN50160 Standard.
- Rugged, portable case is pad-lockable. Unit is IP65, reliable and easy to use.
- 32 Channels of detailed recording down to a single cycle when an event occurs, without setting any thresholds, using our unique Single Cycle Adaptive Storage™ recording process..
- Waveforms recorded on 8 inputs simultaneously. Select transients, notches, rings, sags, surges, THD, and/or TH Current. No need to set thresholds due to our Auto-Ranking Waveform Capture.
- 13 Pre-loaded configurations are set for 3 and single phase hook ups with a variety of recording channels. These are selected for measuring voltage, current, real power, reactive power, apparent power, power factor, harmonics, flicker, unbalance, distortion and more.
- The PM4000 runs off the voltage being measured. For voltages < 104V use an AC/DC 12V charger.
- Battery back up provides 10 minutes resettable, timed ride-through in case of power outage. Automatic start up when power returns if within recording period or in FIFO mode.
- PM4000 user interface, PMScreen, is available as an Android mobile phone app. This phasor diagram display is a graphical touch screen interface that enables configuration, ensures correct hook up, provides suggestions upon detecting errors and advises if a current sensor is the wrong way round.
- HELP in PMScreen guides users through configuration and hook up – just hold down the relevant button.
- Safety: 600V Cat IV, 1000V Cat III, pollution level 2 unit. Compact, will fit in most panels and allow the door to be closed. Safely review data via Bluetooth while the unit is locked away in a cupboard.
- Hook-Up Guide and Configuration Guide as well as a manual help you get your set-up right every time.
- Data analysis is easy with our comprehensive, in-house software Pronto for Windows (included in your kit). Data also available as .xls, .csv, PQDIF.
- Fused voltage leads and internally fused voltage inputs protect this valuable equipment.
- Capable of storing up to 127 configuration or data files.
- Field programmable software and firmware updates.
Input Voltage: 4 input channels. 0-600Vac or 0-1000Vac (if internal AC power supply disconnected). Sensors: In-line shrouded 4mm banana sockets. Fused voltage leads, crocodile clip.
Input Current: 4 input channels. Sensors: Two ranges on two types. Menu Selectable Rogowski coil 0-6000A, 0-400A, or Voltage Type 0-2 Vac. Safety BNC Socket. Phase reversal in software.
Four distinct simultaneous Recording Systems:
Waveform capture: 19.2kHz sampling on all inputs. 2MB of waveform data available.
Troubleshooting: Utilising the patented single cycle Adaptive StoreTM to capture comprehensive detail over long recording periods on up to 32 selected parameters.
Harmonics: 1-50th selectable on 32 Adaptive Store channels.
RMS Event Database: Monitoring for ‘official’ power quality events such as sags/surges/interruptions.
Configurations: Space for over 200 files. These may be used for configuration or recording sessions.
Accuracy: 0.2%. 0.1% in reference range 20-30°C (excluding sensors). +/-2LSB.
Resolution: Programmable to 0.1 Vac. Programmable to 0.1 Aac on Rogowski Coils. Resolution variable if secondary CTs or PTs used.
Troubleshooting Maths Functions:
AC Single Phase Installation: RMS, Stray Voltage RMS Hi Res < 35V, (line-neutral, line-line where appropriate). Real power W, Reactive Power VARS, Apparent Power VA, Power Factor PF, Displacement Power Factor, Phase Angle, Frequency, Instantaneous Flicker Sensation, Short Term & Long Term Perceptibility, Flicker Flag, Distortion Power (when IEEE100 power calculation selected).
AC 2 (split) Phase Installation: Real Power, Reactive Power VARS, Apparent Power, Power Factor.
AC 3 Phase Installation (Delta, Wye and variants): Real Power, Reactive Power VARS, Apparent Power, Power Factor, Voltage Unbalance, (Conventional & Sequential Components), Current Unbalance. Distortion Power, Positive Sequence Fundamental Real & Reactive Power.
Harmonics: Odds, Evens, Triplens, Individual Harmonics value and % and Harmonic Direction to the 50th, K Factor, % Total Harmonic Distortion, Total Harmonic Value.
Symmetrical Components: Positive, negative, zero sequence: NPS, NPS/PPS (Voltage and Current), ZPS, ZPS/PPS (Voltage).
Other Maths Options: Channel X * Constant, Channel X / Channel Y, Filtered Channel X, Internal Temperature, On Charge, Battery Volts.
Waveform Capture: Sample rate – up to 19.2 ks/s (~ 384 samples/cycle at 50 Hz) on 8 channels. Events examined, Ranked & stored in real time.
Selectable waveform parameters:
Wave Retention Basis: Greatest disturbances (automatic ranking and low rank discard) or conventional threshold exceeded.
Capture wave bracket: Wave Sets: from 20ms up to 120msecs. Can be contiguous; no re-arming.
Signals to be captured: offending wave / complementary current or voltage, All Voltages, All Currents.
Triggers to be used: Transient, Ring, Notch, Sag, Surge, THD Volts, THD Current.
Wave Allocation: Waves allocated across trigger functions (selectable).
Frequency: Automatic frequency tracking in 50 or 60Hz regions. Normal range 45-64Hz.
Memory: 32MB Flash memory for all files. Expansion with USB Memory Device.
User Preferences – Stored in non-volatile Flash Memory.
Portable Device Requirements for PMScreen and PMGateway: Android or Windows compatible.
Data Retention: During recording sequential data is saved to Flash memory. Waveform capture data is held in RAM and transferred to Flash memory when recording ends. Configurations etc. stored in Flash memory.
User Interface via remote screen: PC via Bluetooth or USB running PMScreen, or tablet/mobile phone via Bluetooth running PMScreen. Setup/Configuration and Data Review via remote screen. Data analysis using Pronto for Windows. Automatic download to USB stick.
Displays On PMScreen: Power & Energy, Waveforms, Harmonics, Phasors, Harmonic Phasors, Trends, List of Channels and more.
Bluetooth: Wireless interface (isolated).
PMGateway App.: Enables Android mobile phone to act as a Gateway. Send data files to your inbox or dropbox; start and stop recordings.
USB: Memory module interface (non-isolated).
USB: Serial interface to PC (isolated > 2.5kV) download to PC & control through Pronto for Windows.
Protocol: MODBUS ASCII.
Power: Requires 100-600 VRMS, 15 W Max from Phase A voltage measurement (40 – 64Hz Rated power consumption 11Watts) or separate power supply at 12Vdc, 6 W.
Burden: Normally <10 VA from Phase A. If a charger is used the Power Supply is automatically disconnected from Phase A (input impedance per phase 32MOhms).
Battery Capacity: 2100mAhrs (5 HI-Temp NiMH batteries).
Battery Ride Through: Ten minutes at a time.
Charge Method: From V1 input or from 12V Wall Charger (auto switching).
A/D Converters: 24 bit at 19.2 kSps, top 16 bits used normally for harmonics, power & energy, Flicker.
Measurement & Reporting Standards: IEC 61000-4-15, IEC 61000-4-30, IEEE1453 (Flicker), IEEE100.
Safety Standards: IEC 61010, (600v Cat. IV, pollution level 2, 1000V CAT III if PSU fuse removed), CE Fused voltage leads (lead fuses 500mA, 700V, 50kA rupture current), IEC 61326 (EMC).
Internal fusing: PSU (x2), Charger input, Battery stack, Internal Thermal Switch (x2).
Computer Requirements for Pronto Software: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10; 250MB hard drive space.
Case: Pelican 1150 Guard Box: Dimensions. 22.9 x 19.1 x 11.0cm.
Weight: 3.5 kg. without leads and clamps.
Operating Temp: -20ºC (-4º F) to 60ºC (140º F).
Environmental: IP65. Main unit will tolerate momentary emersion when lid sealed. Leads and their connections are not watertight and for safety reasons we strongly recommend that the operator does not connect and disconnect the unit in wet environments.
Applicable Patents: 6424277, 0230712, 4910692.
Measurement & Reporting Standards: IEC 61000-4-15, IEC 61000-4-7, IEC 61000-4-30, IEEE1453 (Flicker), IEEE1459, IEEE100, Report to EN50160.
Safety Standards: IEC 61010, (600v Cat. IV, pollution level 2, 1000V CAT III if PSU fuses removed), CE Fused voltage leads (lead fuses 500mA, 700V, 50kA rupture current), IEC 61326 (EMC).
Trouble shooting unknown power quality issues – Our unique recording regime Adaptive Store is especially useful for identifying and locating problems on your network, recording down to a single cycle the instant events occur without setting any thresholds. Unique precise capturing of sudden changes eg. transients, current spikes, harmonics, drop-outs and brown-outs to extremely high resolution makes detecting problems on your power distribution system easier.
Real time troubleshooting – Live results, harmonics, waveforms and EN50160 comparisons can all be viewed on an Android tablet or mobile phone via Bluetooth comms even whilst background recording is taking place. Get a head start on your site analysis right from the word go.
New Equipment Installation – Benchmark before and check after the installation of new equipment to ensure quality of service has been maintained.
Long term monitoring – Discover solutions to hard to find or intermittent problems. Record indefinitely in FIFO mode until the event occurs again. If required download each recording automatically to a hard-drive or memory stick or transfer data via Wifi/3G/4G using our PMGateway App or Ethernet. Discounts available for long term hire.
Speed up critical equipment recovery – Monitor important equipment to capture power quality events if and when it malfunctions. Use this information to get it back online more quickly.
Harmonics Analysis – Monitor 2-50th Harmonics on any voltage or current channel. Histogram of harmonics available on all captured waveforms.
Customer complaints – Solve customer complaints including voltage or flicker problems using the ability to compare any data streams on the same graph in the Outram/Ranger Software, Pronto. E.g. RMS voltage and instantaneous flicker sensation (and any others) on the same graph. Finding the problem quickly using Adaptive Store recording regime means minimum customer disruption.
Measure in remote locations – Automatic restart when power returns if unit is being powered off voltage measured.
Load Distortion and Imbalance
Preventive Maintenance – keep a track on your power quality to detect any problems before they cause your equipment damage or end up in costly down time.
Fast Transient Capture – waveform capture to 19.2kHz with automatic ranking in Pronto to help you zoom in to the most important waveforms in the recording in seconds. Sags, Surges, Transients, Rings, Notches, THD, TH Current are all triggers.
Network Characterization – measure non-sinusoidal and unbalanced systems.
Power Quality Software: Our comprehensive and very flexible Pronto software is the same for all Outram/Ranger Equipment so even when hiring a variety of models you will still use the same software each time.
Customer hire applications include:
- Troubleshooting solar farm commissioning issues
- Solving connection problems at a grid tied Combined Heat and Power Plant (CHP)
- Instability issues on wind farms
- Effects on power quality of malfunctioning large materials handling systems/Cranes
- Monitoring switchover from live to backup power and back again
- Measuring either side of a UPS – Differential inputs allow simultaneous measurements to asses UPS quality
- Determining whether power quality issues are being imported or exported
- Measurement of capacitor switching.