Auto-Ranking Waveform Capture System
Outram Research’s Auto-Ranking Waveform Capture is designed to manage the high speed waveform data as it is recorded by the logger. It tracks and ranks multiple categories of sub-cycle transient and other problem event types and discards smaller events when larger ones occur. This automatic real time data management process has these advantages:
- Events captured: Transients, falls (sags), rises (surges), notches, rings, THD (Voltage) and Total Harmonic Current.
- It captures the best, most revealing events without any prior knowledge of what might happen. Setting thresholds is not necessary.
- It increases quality of data at the same time as reducing volume and consequently speeds up download time as well as making review easier.
- It works equally well over short and long recording periods.
- It is continuously re-triggerable and does not require re-arming. This way no data is missed.
- The waveforms captured are normally up to 2 cycles before the event and up to 5 cycles after. However captures may be extended up to 60 seconds after the event with different extensions for individual triggers.
For more information on other aspects of our software visit our Knowledge Base .