Article ID: 061129sab-1
Last Reviewed: July 7, 2023
See APPNOTE:Connecting to a PM7000 using a Bluetooth link for more information.
Step 1: Turn on Bluetooth on your Computer.
On the Taskbar of your computer right-click on the symbol in the bottom right corner and select Start the Bluetooth Device.
Step 2: Create a Device-Pairing between your PM7000 and your computer.
1. On the Taskbar of your computer right-click on the symbol in the bottom right corner and select Add a Bluetooth Device or Bluetooth Setup Wizard from the menu.
2. On the Bluetooth Setup dialog set the radio button I want to find a specific Bluetooth device and configure how this computer will use its services and click on Next.
3. On the Bluetooth Device Selection dialog wait for the search to complete then select the PM7000 to which you want to connect and click on Next.
4. On the Bluetooth Security Setup dialog enter the PM7000 PIN Code (the default is “1234“), and click Initiate Pairing.
5. On the Bluetooth Service Selection dialog put a check mark by the Generic Serial service, this will open the Bluetooth Properties dialog.
6. On the Bluetooth Properties dialog set the Secure Connection checkbox, make a note of which COM port is to be used and click on OK, then click on Finish.
Step 3: Run PmScreen.exe on your Computer.
1. Launch the application PmScreen.exe.
2 On the Connect menu select the item Setup Connection.
3. On the Connection Info dialog ensure the Serial Line Details indicate the COM port created above in step 2, and the baud rate is 115200, if not click on the Change button.
4. On the Modbus Options dialog select the COM port created in step 2 and set the baud rate to 115200.
5. If you wish, click on Advanced and change the Protocol to Modbus BIN mode ( this is faster than ASC mode). Click on OK.
6. Click Close on the Connection Info dialog.
Instructions for the next or subsequent time you connect to your PM7000
After the first time, the only step necessary is to Run PmScreen.exe on your Computer.