Article ID: 170511sab
Last Reviewed: July 10, 2023
The information in this article applies to:
The message “ODBC Microsoft Access driver Login failed” is shown together followed by a Login dialog under all of the following circumstances:
- When attempting to graph data from a Pronto Project.
- When trying to open a Logger configuration (either offline or while connected to an instrument).
This problem is caused by an invalid ODBC (Open DataBase Connectivity) setup.
To fix the ODBC settings perform the following steps:
- Ensure Pronto for Windows is closed.
- On the Windows Taskbar click on the START button and select RUN.
- On the Run dialog type in “ODBCAD32.EXE” and select OK to open the ODBC Administrator.
- On the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog select the USER DSN tab.
- On the USER DSN tab select the entry “Pronto Projects 32bit” and click on REMOVE.
- Confirm removal of the Pronto Projects 32bit data source and click on OK to close the ODBC administrator.
- Start Pronto for Windows and follow the instructions on the screen to restore the ODBC settings.