Article ID: 050203sab
Last Reviewed: July 10, 2023
The information in this article applies to:
- Pronto for Windows 32 bit all releases.
The following message is shown:
An Error occurred trying to write to the project database.”
Operation must use an updateable query
Under one or more of the following circumstances:
- when trying to insert an average trace onto a graph.
- when inserting a new math data stream into a project.
- when performing operations that require a write or update to a Project database.
This problem is due to the Project file being read only.
When inserting an average trace Pronto first creates a new math data stream in the Project and then graphs this new data as normal. If the Project file is read only Pronto is unable to add the data and the message above is shown.
Check the following:
- The Project file is present and is accessible.
- The Project file does not have the read only file attribute set.
- The Logged in user has write access into the directory in which it resides.