Article ID: 050204sab
Last Reviewed: July 10, 2023
The information in this article applies to:
- Pronto for Windows 32 bit all releases.
When opening a Pronto Project (.pdb) file the following message is shown:
Pronto was unable to upgrade this project for compatibility.”
This problem occurs when Pronto is unable to open the selected Project file for write access.
When a new projector one created in an earlier version in opened, Pronto upgrades it to support new features added to Pronto for Windows. If Pronto is unable to write to the file this upgrade process fails and the error message above is shown.
NOTE: there is another known issue that causes this message, see below under alternative cause.
Check the following:
- The Project file is present and is accessible.
- The Project file does not have the read only file attribute set.
- The Logged in user has write access into the directory in which it resides.
- The Project is not open in another running copy of Pronto for Windows.
A second copy could have been started by the current user
or on the local system under another user account
or on a remote system accessing the Project over the network.
The error message will also occur if all of the following conditions apply
The system is running Windows NT 4.0,
The Microsoft access ODBC driver is 3.51.171300 or earlier,
The Pronto release is between 5.30 and 5.38.
To obtain the version number of the installed Microsoft access driver;
1) Click on the START Button, then select RUN.
2) Type in “OBDCAD32” then click on OK.
3) Select the “DRIVERS” tab and locate the Microsoft access driver from the list.
Upgrade the ODBC drivers using the upgrade supplied on the Pronto Installation Disk.