Article ID: 060801sab
Last Reviewed: August 14, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
- Pronto for Windows 32 bit all releases.
Issue 1: The installation program does not start when the disk is inserted into your CDROM drive.
Applies to: All 32 and 64 bit Windows Operating Systems (95,98,ME & NT4, 2000, XP, Vista, 7).
Cause: “AUTORUN” is disabled on the selected CDROM drive.
Resolution: Run the setup program directly by performing these steps:
- Click on the Start button on the Windows Taskbar and select the item Run… (or press Windows key then “R”).
- On the Run dialog type in
D:\SETUP\SETUP.EXEand click OK (assuming that ‘D’ is the letter of your CDROM drive).
Issue 2: Error Message: “The file was not found” is displayed and the setup program does not start.
Applies to: Windows NT4.0, 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7.
Cause: The current Permissions for the Logged in user do not allow you to install Programs on the system.
Resolution: Install Pronto for Windows under an account with sufficient permissions, you may either:
- Log out and then Log back into the computer under an administrator account.
- Run the Pronto for Windows setup program.
or (Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7 only)
- Using Windows Explorer, Browse to the location of the installation program (normally
D:\SETUP, assuming that ‘D’ is the letter of your CDROM drive).
- Right Click on the SETUP.EXE file and select the menu item Run As.. (This item may not appear on some systems, see the reference below on how to enable Run As).
- Select the account under which to install Pronto for Windows and click OK.
Issue 3: Known Issues with Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Applies to: Windows Vista, Windows 7.
Resolution: Go to Computer Requirements to run Pronto for Windows and scroll down to the section on Windows Vista.